Guest Experience Coordinator (Part-Time)
We are seeking an outgoing, service-focused part-time guest experience coordinator to oversee our location, providing support to our teachers and for our students attending classes each night. We'll rely on you to provide personalized assistance, ensure warmth and hospitality and accommodate all student needs. A passion and interest for language learning and cultures is a must!
Monday - Thursday 6:00pm - 9:30pm
What you’ll always be doing:
- Project a friendly, pleasant demeanor; providing unparalleled service to all potential and existing students, fellow employees, and management
- Maintain a proactive guest service approach and notify supervisors/managers of any potential issues related to class materials or special requests
- Maintain current knowledge/familiarity with all Fluent City courses and offerings to respond to guest inquiries
- Manage inventory and serve as point of contact for class materials needed for evening classes.
- Assign evening classes to each classroom and put a sign at the classroom door, show our instructors and incoming guests where to go in the space.
- Prepare and set physical space for evening classes, ensuring all classrooms have enough chairs and that the space is presentable for our students and guests.
- Train new teachers on how to use classroom technology equipment (we'll train you once you start)
- Light administrative tasks to support the operation and execution of Fluent City courses (must have own laptop)
What you’ll need to have:
- You are an outgoing relationship builder. You are the person who can walk into a room, strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, and find a way to connect and make them your friend
- You're passionate about learning, language and beyond. You're the type of person who loves to share great experiences and opportunities to connect with others.
- You share our values. We are passionate about enriching lives through education, connecting with other people and cultures, and creating amazing real-world experiences. We are fun, international team that puts mutual respect, empathy, and trust at the center of our culture.
- Attention to detail and a knack for organization - you will be responsible for making ensuring we maintain a great vendor relationship with our space partner by keeping the space tidy through diligent set-up and breakdown
- You thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and want to be involved in the growth of the next great consumer enrichment brand.
- Sales experience
- Proficiency in a foreign language
The benefits and perks:
- Working with a community of motivated and fun students and teachers!
- Free language classes
ABOUT FLUENT CITY
Who we are:
Fluent City is a language learning organization devoted to guiding students towards their learning goals through our human-centric, experiential approach. We are a globally-minded team on a mission to empower students to learn new skills, and by doing so, expand their horizons and foster understanding and communication across cultures and communities. We’re one of the fastest-growing premier language learning organizations in the US. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. With over 180+ instructors on staff, we teach students in-person at our locations across NYC & DC, work with many leading Corporate clients, and teach students online.
What we value:
- We operate from a place of empathy and transparency.
- We remain flexible and open to change.
- We are passionate about the work we do and believe in individuality - blaze your trail, take responsibility and inspire others to do the same.
- We set ambitious goals and understand metrics, but make human decisions.
- We experiment often and iterate quickly.
- We are supportive and collaborative.
What we offer:
- Unlimited vacation (yes, we mean it)
- Flexible work from home policy
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, life insurance and short and long-term disability
- Free health concierge services
- Retirement savings plans
- Commuter benefits