Student Success Advisor
As a representative of the Customer Experience Team, you will be the liaison between students and the Fluent City brand. We believe that the student experience is just as important as learning outcomes which is why we are very invested in building the best customer experience program. We’re looking for an enthusiastic contributor that can deliver extraordinary, hospitality-driven service that “wows” each and every person that interacts with our products and services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service through phone, chat, and email.
- Provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency.
- Master our internal customer service software and procedures in order to manage customer relationships effectively.
- Coordinate with Operations team to channel customer feedback to all areas of the business (including Sales, Marketing, and Product).
You’ll enjoy this job if you have:
- 2+ years in a hospitality-driven environment.
- Experience on a customer service team.
- A positive demeanor. You are people-driven, kind, thoughtful, and sincere
- A “can-do” attitude. No task should feel too small or too challenging.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and sense of ownership in everything you do.
- Confidence in writing skills and across various communication channels including phone, text, and email.
- An empathetic personality, with the innate ability to put yourselves in the student’s shoes.
- Unparalleled organization skills. You pride yourself in your ability to keep things tidy and in order.
- An innate ability to troubleshoot. You are quick to prioritize tasks, troubleshoot and stay cool under pressure.
- Bilingual or polyglots is a huge +, especially if you’ve learned a language as an adult.
ABOUT FLUENT CITY
Who we are:Fluent City is a language learning organization devoted to guiding students towards their learning goals through our human-centric, experiential approach. We are a globally-minded team on a mission to empower students to learn new skills, and by doing so, expand their horizons and foster understanding and communication across cultures and communities. We’re one of the fastest-growing premier language learning organizations in the US. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. With over 180+ instructors on staff, we teach students in-person at our locations across NYC & DC, work with many leading Corporate clients, and teach students online.
What we value:
- We operate from a place of empathy and transparency.
- We remain flexible and open to change.
- We are passionate about the work we do and believe in individuality - blaze your trail, take responsibility and inspire others to do the same.
- We set ambitious goals and understand metrics, but make human decisions.
- We experiment often and iterate quickly.
- We are supportive and collaborative.
What we offer:
- Unlimited vacation (yes, we mean it)
- Flexible work from home policy
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, life insurance and short and long-term disability
- Free health concierge services
- Retirement savings plans
- Commuter benefits