Fluent City is looking for a highly motivated problem solver to develop and execute marketing campaigns that allow us to grow brand awareness for the business. This role will be tasked with managing the marketing calendar and ensuring we're crafting cohesive and compelling content that acquire, engage and retain our students. You'll analyze our marketing funnel data to make thoughtful decisions around areas of opportunity while also being responsible for how we message new and existing offerings. You'll also manage all aspects of earned, owned and paid media, working closely with the Operations and Tech teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build upon and own all aspects of the company’s current marketing calendar and content schedule to create a cohesive omni-channel strategy that supports business and brand goals
- Manage and optimize all automated email campaigns, such as nurturing, re-engagement and retention, including development of omni-channel strategy through on-site messaging and paid social
- Monitor and optimize SEO, SEM/paid search strategy, and display retargeting
- Develop and launch marketing campaigns focused on acquisition, retention and engagement, including coordinating projects with Ops and Tech teams for increase student engagement
- Tell our story through the development of creative assets and marketing collateral
- Consistently A/B test and tweak campaigns based on results
- Refine messaging across all product lines
You’ll enjoy this job if you:
- Have 4+ years of prior marketing experience with a solid understanding of how to optimize email, website, paid search, social and content
- Have a strong background in performance management and are ready to roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running
- Are entrepreneurial, independent and a self-starter with the ability to set your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance
- Have the ability to think about the big picture while also focusing on execution
- Are comfortable operating as a team of one (for now!)
- Are highly organized, data-driven and possess the ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and remain calm under pressure
- Are passionate about education and language learning
- Experience learning/speaking a second language
- Knowledge/experience with any of our current platforms/tools:
- Analytics, BI, Reporting: Google Analytics, Heap, Excel, SQL, Grow
- CRM: SalesForce
- Email: ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, Sendgrid
- Paid media: Facebook, Adroll, Google Ads
ABOUT FLUENT CITY
Who we are:
Fluent City is a language learning organization devoted to guiding students towards their learning goals through our human-centric, experiential approach. We are a globally-minded team on a mission to empower students to learn new skills, and by doing so, expand their horizons and foster understanding and communication across cultures and communities. We’re one of the fastest-growing premier language learning organizations in the US. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. With over 180+ instructors on staff, we teach students in-person at our locations across NYC & DC, work with many leading Corporate clients, and teach students online.
What we value:
- We operate from a place of empathy and transparency.
- We remain flexible and open to change.
- We are passionate about the work we do and believe in individuality - blaze your trail, take responsibility and inspire others to do the same.
- We set ambitious goals and understand metrics, but make human decisions.
- We experiment often and iterate quickly.
- We are supportive and collaborative.
What we offer:
- Unlimited vacation (yes, we mean it)
- Flexible work from home policy
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, life insurance and short and long-term disability
- Free health concierge services
- Retirement savings plans
- Commuter benefits