Part Time Japanese Instructor
ABOUT FLUENT CITY
Fluent City is one of the fastest growing language companies in the country. We offer online, in-person and blended learning options across 11 languages for both consumers and organizations.
Our immersive, skill-based language learning style emphasises speaking over reading and writing. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. This sets us apart from apps, textbooks, and other traditional learning methods.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
- You are a super passionate expert of the Japanese language who is deeply excited about helping others learn to speak Japanese in a practical, real-world context.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as an interest in actively cultivating and participating in a vibrant community of language learners both in and outside of the classroom.
- Teaching experience is a must, whether language teaching or another subject.
- You do not need a license or certification to teach with us.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work and live in the U.S.
As a Japanese Instructor, you will be responsible for teaching our students in either a group class or private lesson setting. While group classes always take place onsite at one of our locations, private lessons may take place in a cafe, library, or our clients' offices. You will be expected to teach using a communicative method, conducting a conversation-based learning experience that centers around learning outcomes that your students can immediately apply to their lives.
New teachers can expect to teach 2 - 4 nights per week to start, pending your availability. Teachers who demonstrate a strong performance during their first classes will be offered additional opportunities in private lessons and more.
- Free language classes
- Best-in-class training and professional development
- Opportunities for career growth within the fastest-growing language school in the country
- Collaborative work environment with a vibrant community of innovative language instructors